Wednesday 10 January 2007

Confidential or not?

I've been staying away, not writing.

I got nervous, to be honest. Something about that Turin client and his goldfish murders. I have no idea if anyone's actually looked at this blog yet. There's no way to tell how many hits it has had (unfortunate term give the business my Turin client is associated with). But as I've told myself already, there's no way any of my clients is going to find this blog in a million years.

If I’m going to do this, there's no point panicking about clients reading it.

My oldest client, Mrs X, resident in Cornwall, domiciled in the UK, has 14 million quid stashed in Zurich. Undeclared money, in the delicate language of our Swiss cousins. Or rather it was stashed in Zurich, but what with the European Savings Directive, we’ve moved it to Singapore for her to avoid this wretched new withholding tax. It’s making about a million a year in income that Gordon Brown will never get his mitts on.

There. I’ve just committed the gravest sin in the private banking universe. Goldfish indiscretions are nothing to this.

It’s curiously liberating to cross the line.

No comments: